Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sauna Etiquette

One thing I really like to do after running is to sit in the sauna for 5-10 minutes relax. It's not a big sauna room. Could fit maybe 4 people comfortably lying down on two levels of wooden benches. Usually, no one will be in the room. Never more than 2 people have been in the room while I entered. People are usually in a towel, sitting or lying down and relaxing. Sometimes ppl would have a face mask on. Some would be scrubbing themselves with some sort of device that I can't recognize. I've even seen a girl do yoga in a bathing suit. However, what always bothers me are the people who are completely naked, without any towel on. It's a public gym and a public sauna, shouldn't there be a minimal standards of covering up?

It would be less frustrating though, however, if people who are naked are more properly groomed. I find it extremely uncomfortable when an unshapely woman who is not groomed lay there naked with no regard for the comfortable level of other people. Am I being overly judgmental or is there some basic expectancy of etiquette in a public sauna?

No comments:

Post a Comment