Tuesday, March 5, 2013

¿Se puede hablar español

Food in Spain is awesome! I don't get their eating schedule - at 8PM, no restaurant is serving dinner, yet everything I ate there was amazing. You can't go wrong, even if you show up at a random whole-in-the-wall. Even take out at a random hotel is good. At Cartagena, I went to one of the nicest meals I have ever had (including the foodie city of New York I use to live in), Los Churrascos. The shrimp was the nicest the tasting seafood I have ever tasted. When I asked how it was cooked, it was just boiled with rock salt. Wow. It was so juicy and sweet. It was unbelievable. The chef said it was so fresh it was alive in the morning. 

I had the good fortune to be sent to Spain to check out refineries. Not me, the experts, but I was the note-taker. While the travel was crazy: 5 days - 2 days on the plane, 3 days in Spain where every night was spent at a different hotel. In the total of one hour of free time I had in Cartagena, I was fortunate enough to stumble upon Museo Teatro Romano, one of the oldest remaining Roman ruins in Spain. The theater was perfectly preserved  and I can imagine a troop performing Oedipus Rex on stage with the Roman chorus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment