Monday, January 31, 2011

Poon Choi

For Chinese New Year, the traditional thing to do in Hong Kong is have the family gather around and enjoy Poon Choi, layered goodness filled with picked vegetables and canto-style meats. 13 lbs of food enough to feed a family of 10. The weekend before CNY, a couple of the analysts and myself decided to order a set and try it out.
The delivery came cold... which was expected by me but disputed by others. As we tried to heat it up, I realized there was blood in the chicken! scary. I didn't really want to touch any of it afterwards. We separated the bloody chicken and all the other stuff the blood touched into a separate pot. When we finally managed to heat up the 13 lbs of food in a small hong kong apartment, the food actually was quite good. The tofu and duck with my favorite. There was plenty of lotus root and califlower to go around. Overall, a very delicious meal. I highly recommend it (except probably better with people who actually knows how to cook it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment