Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The World's Highest Bungy - 233M

Would you pay HKD 2,400 (over USD 300) to jump off one of world's tallest towers? I did on Sunday. And it is the most exhilirating experience I have ever been part off. The adrenaline hits you usually 10 seconds afterwards. When i was skydiving, I started panicking, not knowing when the chute would open. In bungee jumping, by the time the fear and adrenaline kicks in. You're already secured and bouncing up and down. Therefore, when my legs started shaking, I was already on the ground.

First, it was really easy to bungee jump. The facility was definitely not in full capacity given that I think most Asian people are not into extreme sports. You pay HKD120 to go up the Macau Tower, tell them you want to bungy, you signed the forms, change into a T-shirt, and ready to go. It takes about 5-10 minutes to strap you and weigh you. Then, there's a 5 minute explanation on what to do in the air and you're off.



The mistake I made was that I decided to let my friend Scott go first. I had to see him jump off, and hear the audience inside the tower scream and gasp when he jumped. That and the wait time completely psyched me out. When I got to the edge, I just kept on saying I couldn't do it and I can't jump. However, the two guys with me kept on saying I can and slightly helped me off the platform. Also, I feel as the countdown happens, the rope starts pulling and you have no choice but to go. It felt great to be in the air and free. I felt there was nothing else but freedom.





No comments:

Post a Comment