Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things I miss

1. Firefly Vodka - unfortunately, the glorious sweet tea vodka from Charleston has yet to make its way to Hong Kong. Maybe I should start an importing business surrounding the vodka.

2. Banana Republic - without my favorite brand, I am at a lost for shopping. I don't even know what I would wear here. Such a despair. In fact, right now, I'm wearing a Banana dress and a Banana jacket.

3. Victoria's Secret - someone told me all the sizings here work differently between the Chinese brands, the Japanese brands, and the western brands. I'm sad VS chose not to have any stores abroad.

4. Icebreaker sours - my favorite mint. Gone. Eclipse is available but it is just not the same.

5. Western food - really none here. Very expensive and not worth it at all. Chinese food more than makes up for it though.

6. My iPhone - that's my own fault. I need to find time to unlock it.

7. Black cars - New York banking had black cars that makes it so much easier to get home in the rain. Here in Hong Kong, it's almost impossible to catch a cab in the rain and it is almost always raining.

8. Nail salons - I'm sure they are very easy but I haven't figured it out yet.

9. Newest movies - some of the movies release later here in Hong Kong, which is a bummer.

10. Friends and family. It's been exciting here but it hasn't been the same without the support and love from those who cares about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment